Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Glimpse of My latest novel "Tame the Flame"

Tears streamed down Serena’s face even as she wrapped the babe in a warmed blanket the butler brought to her. Wetson was still on his knees beside his wife, great sobs wracking his body. His wife was dead. CHAPTER ELEVEN The officer stood slowly, and to Serena’s surprise he quoted a paraphrase of King David’s words, “She cannot come to me, but I will go to her.” He took the baby from Serena and held him for only a few moments, then handed him back. “His name is Scott.” “Get the kids and the midwife out of here, Kelly. I’ll deal with the mess. Looks like a very badly botched abortion. Hopefully, no one will ask to inspect fetal tissue. On second thought, I’ll order an HFLA quarantine on the house. I’ll bury her myself in the back yard.” “The ground is frozen. Besides, HFLA burials are not allowed; the water supply, you know.” “I’ll figure out something. Just get going.” “What about your butler?” “He values his life. He will keep his mouth shut. If anyone makes trouble for me, he will be in the same situation.” Wetson went to the door of the bedroom and summoned the butler, “Pack Lorna’s clothing and favorite toys. Tell her she is going to visit friends for a few days. I need to clean up after a badly botched abortion. My wife is dead.” As soon as Shannon fastened a seat belt in the back seat around Lorna, she tripped the latch, slid across the seat, opened the car door and made a dash for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment